You Either Have It or You Don’t
My role as a real estate professional and agent will be evolving over the coming years. The one thing I treasure, nurture and build more than anything else - more than my social media following, personal network, and group of friends or my team is -- trust. Trust will become the most valuable asset we all will possess, if it isn’t alreadyTrust is nothing new. Trust is earned over time. Often it takes a long time to earn that trust. Unfortunately, it can take a split second to lose that trust, and getting it back is often impossible, no matter how hard you may try. No matter how hard you may deserve it. Here are my TOP 10 trust-builders:
1. Honesty. You either are honest or you are not. Honesty is not grey. Tell the truth, always.
2. Reliability. Trust is earned by doing as you say you will do. By keeping promises. Sticking to
3. Over-deliver: Under-promising and over-delivering
4. Communicate thoroughly. Communicate the good, the bad and the ugly, honestly, based on fact, not
5. Acknowledge lack of knowledge: Guessing answers is dangerous. If your answer is wrong, you are certain to lose trust. It is OK to not to know everything. It is not OK to not have the resources to be able to figure it out and return with the correct answer.
6. Consistency. Consistency breeds trust. It demonstrates reliability. Actions always speak louder than words or promises.
7. Respect. Be respectful of other’s and their time. Show courtesy and empathy. Have good manners. Communicate your appreciation boldly and regularly.
8. Share credit. Chances are what you have accomplished was not done alone, and its wisest (and honest) to acknowledge and credit those that have helped as a priority. Doing so demonstrates maturity, humility
9. Rapid-response-time. In our 365-24-7 instant-gratification world, fast (accurate) responses matter. Even if you don’t have the answer, a rapid acknowledgment of the request is essential to building trust.
10. Be genuine: Most humans quickly pick up rather quickly on fake sincerity, enthusiasm or love.
As we enter a new era of brokerage, TRUST will matter more than anything. It will define you as a reliable resource – not just for brokerage services – or not. Start working on this today – and every day – it is certain you will be handsomely rewarded.
Get In Touch
Written By: Robert Rodriguez
Personally Speaking: I’m a proud dad and hockey player who leads with empathy and gratitude.
Goal: Providing my clients, friends, and colleagues with timely, intelligent and actionable advice. I am always available to answer your questions regardless of whether you need to buy or sell. Text, call or email 424-353-9004 | Robert@WestLALiving.com
Professionally Speaking: Over 100 million in total sales volume, successfully completed over 200 transaction sides throughout the LA area and in a variety of neighborhoods with a wide range of property types. In my 9 years as a licensed sales agent, I have climbed the ranks of the LA residential sales industry, distinguishing myself both locally and nationally. I have sold complex Estates, land, income property, single family, luxury leases and condos. Both colleagues and clients widely recognize me as a respected professional whose reliability, dedication, and expertise is second to none.